Man swallows Apple AirPod; it works after passing through his system - watsupptoday.com
Man swallows Apple AirPod; it works after passing through his system
Posted 06 May 2019 04:27 PM

In bizarre incident a man from Taiwan accidentally swallowed his Apple AirPod but was able to retrieve it after he passed it through his system the next day. Ben Hsu said he was amazed to find his device was still intact and working.

The accident occurred after Hsu fell asleep with the pair of wireless headphones still in his ears. When he woke up, he was unable to find one of his AirPods and used an iPhone tracking feature to find the device. He realised his AirPod was still in his room as he could hear its beeping sound that followed him around, reported Daily Mail.

"I checked under my blanket and looked around but couldn't find it - then I realised the sound was coming from my stomach," said the navy recruiter, from Taiwan's south-western port city of Kaohsiung. He went to Kaohsiung Municipal United Hospital where medics confirmed he had swallowed the AirPod and said it was currently passing through his digestive system. Doctors gave him a laxative and told him to look for it in the toilet the next day, adding that he would need surgery if it did not appear naturally.

Fortunately, Hsu retrieved the AirPod intact and without any complications. After finding the AirPod Hsu called the Apple product 'magical' and said, "The battery was still at 41 per cent! It was incredible." While things could have proved serious for Hsu otherwise according to Dr Chen Chieh-fan, who said, "Because of the plastic shell around the AirPod, the risk of it causing him harm in a similar way to swallowing a regular lithium-ion battery is much lower." He added it could have caused a serious rupture in his intestines.

Leave a comment: (Your email will not be published)